Friday, September 25, 2015

Create your own Surplice Top




DIY SURPLICE TOP thrift
LACE EMBROIDERED BRA local store
SHOE JEWELRY yard sale
CHOKER thrift
 

There is a top at Urban Outfitters by BDG that I have been dying to get my hands on. It is a thinnly striped, softest material, breezy surplice top. It costs, however, around $79 dollars. Fuck that.

I ignored the fact I wanted this tee because even though it appeared to be nicely made, it just was not worth it. Then I was walking around with my boyfriend one day and came across this stripped tee. Same stripes, soft material, yet not a surplice design. 

I bought it oversized, unbuttoned it at home, stapled a few safety pins, and wallah
I got myself a $10 surplice top..

It isn't just like the one I wanted. It has its cheap flaws of not drapping correctly or not being sewn off. But I like it because I can unpin it and have another regular button down. 
Two in one, BDG! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment