Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sunset Beach

Sunset Beach with my sister, friends, and their new house mate. Not much to say about the day except it was fun, full of yummy food, creepy older men, and relaxation. Needed a beach trip so badly, and really want to go again. Jenni left her "bundle for a cause" everywhere. She wrote this poem and typed it out, made bundles of flowers, and stuffed them in bottles as shown above. She even listed some links for causes she is promoting on the bottom. Here is her poem, enjoy!

What are we but sheep being herded
For money for the Man
For profit, for land
If we don’t take advantage of our natural born rights?
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness
I certainly won’t go down without a fight.

Tell me of your pursuit, of your happiness.

Tell me your quality of life doesn’t rise and fall like the prices of gas
Up and down, up, up, “at least we’re going up“, right?
Up in flames
That’s all I see
A nation ruled by greed and money.
You confused conformities of cynics, who put that doubt in you?
Did the Man tell you that you couldn’t fight for yourself?
Did he tell you that you’re just one person? What can ONE person do?

What can one person do? I’m one person.

You’re one person.
Your true lover is one person.
Your silly brother is one person.
Your sweet mother is one person.
That’s five persons.

They say three’s a crowd and we have five persons.

I’ve heard of crowds moving mountains, you know.
Mountains of poverty, mountains of cruelty
But there are still mountains and mountains to go.

What are we but sheep being herded for wool?

They’ve taken my coat but they can’t take my soul.
They’re shakin’ my pride but they won’t take the whole

I’m talking to you.

Do something.
You’re not really a sheep, are you?


~jenni gunther 
 

*“4 FOR CHANGE” – no gas the 4th of every month – do your part to decrease the demand*
* demand better fuel for cars *www.ethanol.org*
* demand GMOS to be labeled on our food *www.labelgmos.org*
*fight and spread awareness for a safe cancer cure *www.burzynskiclinic.com*

1 comment: