Wednesday, May 6, 2015

WHITE OUT
























SUNNIES local shop
SUEDE SKIRT (WITH DIY SWOOPED BOTTOM HEM) (similar here) thrift store
NINE WEST BROWN BOOT from my mama



I am in awe of this fucking project! I dragged my boyfriend along (not really he loved it) to take photographs of my outfit at this location. Damn. Beautiful. I loved it so much I went back the next day by myself - which is very unusual for me! 

As read on the DO NOT ENTER website (here),  "French artist Vincent Lamouroux transformed Silver Lake’s deserted and derelict Sunset Pacific Motel, also known as the “Bates Motel” into a temporary and ephemeral art installation that will radically punctuate the cityscape for two weeks. An unprecedented public art project for the city of Los Angeles, Projection will be a temporal intervention into an iconic piece of LA’s architectural history and urban lore. Lamouroux will cover the entirety of the building, including its flanking palm trees and billboard, with an opaque white limewash, effectively arresting the structure in a three-dimensional state of simultaneous disappearance, purification and ossification. The large bleached white structure will create a stark visual contrast set against the clear blue Los Angeles sky....."

Not going to lie, definitely not sure why this went on.. I just really like the contrast of the bare white building to the sky and clouds. What really interests me is the palm trees/plants. Who thinks of painting not only a whole building white, but everything in its square footage including the palm trees? Some of the paint is chipped off due to a weeks time. The plants are still growing from beneath too, creating a beautiful complicated visual.

I would love to live in a city of all white after seeing this building up close. It was so pretty. I wish I could have gone inside (who doesn't). 

Go check it out before it is too late! It "ends" May 10th!
 Tiger's little helper, aka, my photographer for the day: my boooo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment