Friday, June 20, 2014

Quick Update: A Memoir from My Roomate to her Traveling BF

(I thought this was hilarious when she read part of her email to me. Sums up my new living perfectly).

"I really did not realize how loud this apartment would be, I guess with kids I can expect it. I think living in a city is going to take some getting used to. Weekdays I can expect to be up a little before 8am because that's when everyone goes to work. So the loud roar of, I think a couple of motorcycles, car doors slamming, the sounds of the ignitions. All of this, then silence followed by a few mumbled voices, hacking, coughing, blowing noses, more hacking, and then the smells come through the window. I have no idea what these people are cooking for breakfast but it smells like beans, India, and bad garlic. The smells come in intervals, very strong and pungent, and then nothing for a few minutes until another comes wafting through. Then, the sound of children at about 9:30. Playing games and counting. 1.2.3.4.5.6..... and screaming, MOOOMM, wailing and crying. OH I forgot the slam of the screen doors, and the random gibberish from the moms, the cooing of the pigeons, and the helicopter, which comes over our building every hour or so. I don't know why it does, but it comes back pretty much every hour on the hour starting at about 8am. About 2pm, give or take, comes pool time, where all the children gather at the pool to scream and play and splash until about 6pm. Amanda says I should write a book. I thought about writing a sitcom about living in an apartment complex in the ghetto. They have already done that, it was called, The Pjs. It was located in the Projects and starred Eddie Murphy."
— with Cassara Holt.

No comments:

Post a Comment